httpd-users mailing list archives

From webmas...@chismtrail.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd won't start
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:08:32 GMT
Rocky Seelbach wrote:

>Take a look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.1/vhosts.  Although this is
>specific to Apache 2.1+, there are similar pages for each major version.
>Find yours.
>
>The lines you quoted originally actually had a couple of issues.
>Specifically, in order to do name based virtual hosting you need this
>directive to start;
>
>NameVirtualHost 12.34.56.78:80 (or whatever IP:port you are using)

I went back through

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and found where to put the IP.  Got that done so now my upset customer
can at least get his email, but the websites are not up.  I know that is because the Document
Root is not /var/www/html/foo.  Is it safe to just change them to where they actually are
or would it be better to create a symlink to the real directory (if I knew how)?