httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Rasku <jra...@armispiansystems.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Starting Apache
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:00:33 GMT
Neil Conduit wrote:
> My Apache 2 server starts automatically whenever I start my computer. Is
> it possible to get round this so it only starts when I tell it
> specifically? I know I can stop it any time, but others use this
> computer and I'd rather it didn't just start up on boot up.

This would depend on what OS and distribution you're using.  Generally
this is fairly configurable by going into the services configuration and
disabling the apache process in the default run level, then you can
start it up manually.  That's about all I can say without knowing more
about your system.

							Jessica