httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Rasku <jra...@armispiansystems.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Nameservers, Again!
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:09:44 GMT
Dana Marshall wrote:
> No one has answered my question on what I do to change the name server
> on a domain that is hosted other than on my home computer. HELP? Do I
> need to call my domain registrar for help? If not, what do I put in
> there? It wants names, but not my static IP address. HELP? I am running
> the Windows version of Apache.

This is not a Apache question but a registry/DNS question.  What you
need to do is create, or find two name servers, and provide the names
for them.  I found I had a similar problem when I registered
genderoutlaws.com and found that I had to have DNS server entries
running under the genderoutlaws.com domain.  This was with Stargate.  I
think you need to contact your registry to get an answer to this.

							Jessica