httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Montigny <...@assoces.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Blocking harrassment
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:46:55 GMT
Hello,

Joshua Slive wrote:
> I think you are going about this the wrong way entirely.  Your problem
> is garbage in your log (and, by the way, that is the whole goal of
> these requests -- put garbage in your log so that the referer will
> show up).  Solve it by fixing your log analysis.  For example, just
> use grep -v to remove the relevant lines before analyzing the log.

Yeah i'm using webalizer for my own logs. There is stuff in it to ignore
requests and ips. However, the thing is, i'm also using a third party
log analyser (in my website, there's a call to another website that
takes care of analysis) and that's a problem. Since i cannot firewall
that ip, or so it seems, i wondered if apache could refuse serving files
to an ip...

In fact, i believe it's more something about firewalling it. That thing
bypasses the firewall and the rules i wrote in it... That's quite of
strange.
--
Jean-Christophe Montigny
Responsable Commission Web, Association Planètes