httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marc Perkel <m...@perkel.com>
Subject [users@httpd] High memory usage on new server
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:57:23 GMT
I'm having a memory usage problem and hoping I can find a solution.

I'm moving from 32 bit Fedora Core 4 to 64 bit Fedora Core 4 on a new
server. The problem is that the individual servers on the 64 bit box are
using a LOT more memory that they did on the 32 bit box. and I need to
figure out how to fix it and I don't know where to start.

Looping at "top" them memory usange on the 64 bit server shows:

SHR = 10M
RES = 37M
VIRT = 177M

Whereas on the 32 bit server ....

SHR = 12M
RES = 36M
VIRT = 57372 - bytes

I think I have the same settings - but probably I don't. Anyone have a
clue what I'm doing wrong or what tools I need to use to figure out what
I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance.