httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question Apache2 LDAP with SSL Windows Active Directory
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:52:57 GMT
Marc Jonkers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing with LDAP auth to an AD. This works well with port 389, but
> now I want it secure to I set port 636 (LDAPS).
>
> When I look at the error.log I see:
>
> [Mon Sep 05 13:51:45 2005] [warn] [client 10.10.20.110] [22408]
> auth_ldap authenticate: user jonkm authentication failed; URI
> /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi [LDAP: ssl connections not supported][Unknown error]

The answer is right there - ldaps: isn't supported by your build of APR.
That might be changing in Apache 2.2 using the Win32 API.  Another, more
difficult solution is to roll openldap compiled using openssl options.

But the last I looked, the openldap project ditched its win32-specific
build schema so this might be a bit tricky.

Bill