httpd-users mailing list archives

From Arne Heizmann <Arne.Heizm...@csr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problems
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:29:56 GMT

> I have some URLs that are ugly: http://www.example.com/modules/
> content/index.php?id=14 which I would like to change to:
> http://www.example.com/help.php.  I tried creating a .htaccess file  with:
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule ^/modules/content/index.php\?id=14$ /help.php [L]
> </IfModule>

If you want to allow users to access the page at /help.php while its
real URL is /modules/content/index.php?id=14, then you have it the wrong
way around. You want:

	RewriteRule ^/help.php /modules/content/index.php?id=14 [L]

But if this is really what you want, I'm wondering what the point in
having the ".php" would be; I'd just call it /help.

the system manager.