httpd-users mailing list archives

From Grønn Demon <webmas...@groenndemon.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Win32DisableAcceptEx
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:03:50 GMT
Hello,

I have both OpenSSH (using the Cygwin port from sshwindows.sf.net) and
Apache 2.0.52 installed on my Windows XP SP2 system and don't use them
very frequently (I guess a new Apache version's already been released).

Anyway, after some time I wanted to login to my box using SSH again, but
after login I got "connection reset by peer."
Telneting to port 22 gave me "OpenSSH <version>" - and as soon as I had
entered something, the same thing: "connection reset by peer"

"What does this have to do with Apache?", you may ask.
Haven given up on OpenSSH (which didn't even give me any debug info) I
decided to give Apache a try. The service started ok and netstat showed
that the server was listening on port 81.
However, I couldn't establish a connection, not even after disabling
Microsoft's "firewall".

Error.log said:
"Encountered too many errors accepting client connections. Possible
causes: dynamic address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall
software. Try using the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive."

I used that direction and it worked - but I have mixed feelings about
this as I've never had any problems with Apache in the past.
AFAIK I haven't installed any software that could affect this in the
past (I've been using the same virus scanner for ages).

Could this be due to some Windows update? Or has my PC been infected by
some worm?

Thank you so much in advance.

  - Marvin