httpd-users mailing list archives

From matt-nc <ncm...@triad.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] DocumentRoot for Name-based Virtual Host
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:16:43 GMT
I've created a name-based virtual host in Apache 2.0.54 and am trying to
get it to serve docs out of a directory under /home instead of the default
directory for localhost: /var/www/html.

I put the following in httpd.conf:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
	DocumentRoot /home/amos/local-web/php
	ServerName php-web
</VirtualHost>

then I added the following to the hosts file:

127.0.0.1	php-web

I created a file, welcome.php and put it in /home/amos/local-web/php but
when I put http://php-web/welcome.php into the browser I get an Access
forbidden! Error 403.

And now when I put localhost or 127.0.0.1 or localhost/phpinfo.php into the
browser they no longer work either.  I get the Access forbidden! Error 403
message.

Can someone tell me how to get this set up correctly?  I would like to have
some different name-based virtual hosts that will serve documents out of
different directories under /home/amos/...

Thanks,
Matt