httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ifham Ahsan" <Ifha...@aimnsw.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxy Pass not working
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:33:37 GMT
Hi All

I installed a apache server and tomcat server in mandrake 10.1. All the
request that comes to tomcat application should go through Apache
server. So I created a Name-Based Virtual host so that any request comes
to the tomcat application will be directed to tomcat server. I am trying
to achieve this above mentioned re-direction using ProxyPass directives.

NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80
<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
 ServerName sample.aimnsw.com.au
 ServerAdmin xxx@xx.com <mailto:xxx@xx.com>
 ProxyPass / http://localhost:9085/appname/
<http://localhost:9085/appname/>
 ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:9085/appname/
<http://localhost:9085/appname/>
</VirtualHost>

I try to access the tomcat application from web browser using the
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 , I m getting the following error message:

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
credentials you supplied.
  _____

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number
that may be listed on the 202.125.173.155 <http://202.125.173.155/>
home page.

You can click search.gif (114 bytes) Search <javascript:doSearch()>  to
look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

I would like to know if i require to do any more configuration to make
the Proxy Pass directive to work

Regards
Ifham Ahsan