httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro Gigli <aleg...@yahoo.it>
Subject [users@httpd] starting the daemon from a command prompt
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:38:13 GMT
How do I do that Joost,
how do I start the daemon from a command prompt, to get a popup window showing which DLL is
missing,
and where Windows is expecting it.
 I dont have any experience in that and I thank you so much for helping me out.
Sincerely
Alessandro

Joost de Heer <sanguis@xs4all.nl> ha scritto:
Alessandro Gigli said:
> Hello there,
> I am new to Apache. I have installed MySQL, then I have installed Apache,
> and everything is fine. Now, I have extracted the files for PHP4 into a
> directory on C:/. what I have done next is to copy the php.ini file into
> the WINDOWS directory. I have copied the php4ts.dll into the directory
> System32. I have made the right adjustments to the Apache conf text file,
> I have included the following:
>
> LoadModule php4_module c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll
>
> and
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .html
> Addtype application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> but I get the message "The requested operation has failed"

A DLL, which PHP needs, is missing in your PATH. Start the daemon from a
command prompt. You'll get a popup window showing which DLL is missing,
and where Windows is expecting it.

Joost