httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vieri Di Paola <vieridipa...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] access control and .htaccess
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:41:11 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Gentoo 2005.0 and Apache 2 with -D DAV -D
DAV_FS.
WebDAV is working but there are still things I don't
master as far as access control is concerned.
My Apache2 httpd is using vhosts from
dynamic-vhosts.conf. In the latter file I added:

DAVlockDB /path/to/lock/file

<Directory "/var/www/my.server.com/htdocs">
DAV On
Options All
<IfModule mod_access.c>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</IfModule>
AllowOverride AuthConfig
<Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY
MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
</Limit>
</Directory>

In /var/www/my.server.com/htdocs there are no
.htaccess files for now so anyone can access for
testing.
But if I create an .htaccess in
/var/www/my.server.com/htdocs/PRIVATE/user1/.htaccess
with this content:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "whatever"
AuthUserFile
/path/to/htpasswd2-created-userpasswordfile
require valid-user

the directory
/var/www/my.server.com/htdocs/PRIVATE/user1 simply
doesn't appear in either a standard web browser or a
webDAV client such as WebFolders or DAVexplorer.

Any directories/files "above" "user1" are displayed.

Apache log doesn't report anything.

Isn't "Options All" supposed to do a listing of all
dirs and files?

Do you see any errors in my configuration settings?
(do you need more data?)

Regards,

Vieri