httpd-users mailing list archives

From William Fletcher <wfletc...@omina.co.za>
Subject [users@httpd] [emerg] (17)File exists: Couldn't create accept lock
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 06:42:59 GMT
Hi,

This morning a client of mine phoned me because their apache proxy was down
and other branches of the company couldn't access a small web server sitting
behind one of their FreeBSD machines.

The apache server runs within a jail.

   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
     2  172.19.13.129   webserver.omina.co.za         /usr/local/jails/webserver

So, I took a look at the log files and found...
[Tue Sep 06 07:52:44 2005] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
[Tue Sep 06 07:52:45 2005] [warn] pid file /var/run/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown
of previous Apache run?
[Tue Sep 06 07:52:45 2005] [emerg] (17)File exists: Couldn't create accept lock

I googled the last line, I even googled for /var/run/accept.lock, which is the file I discovered
inside the jail. But nothing really seems to indicate what the problem is, perhaps it is
something very obvious I'm missing.

I restarted the jail and apache ran first time, but, I still can't have it failing
every other time the machine gets rebooted.

The apache version running is: apache-2.0.53_1.
The FreeBSD version: 5.2.1-RELEASE-p8.

The FreeBSD jail was built with make buildworld (full userland available),
It is started with the usual /etc/rc.d/jail script.

The start-up script within the jail has the following...
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/000.apache2libs.sh start
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache2.sh start

Any help would be appreciated. Will provide any information I may have overlooked.

--
William Alexander Fletcher
*BSD Administrator || http://www.omina.co.za || Cell: 084 802 2392

Trying to answer every question in the universe starts here.