httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski <ra...@id.uw.edu.pl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "translation" of address to one with GET varialble
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:36:16 GMT
> > > RewriteEngine On
> > > RewriteRule ^/1_big.jpg$ /komputer.htm?nr=1
> >
> > It did not work... I tried both this and regext for number
>
> Never say "It did not work." on a technical mailing list.  Explain
> exactly what happened, including excerpts from the log files.  In the
> case of mod_rewrite, it is essential to use the RewriteLog as well.

OK, elaborating:

in .htaccess I put these:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/komputery/1_big.jpg$ /komputery.htm?nr=1

also tried this

RewriteRule ^/komputery/(.*)_big.jpg$ /komputery.htm?nr=$1

Turned off mod_negotiations and -multiviews from server config,
Server returns 404 on /komputery/1_big.jpg and RewriteLog is empty,

Any ideas?

Rambo