httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin O'Neil" <kevinsl...@verizon.net>
Subject [users@httpd] filename.php~
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:39:39 GMT
Hi all,
I am kind of new to apache.
I have Apache/2.0.46 Linux WS 3 (Red Hat) Server PHP Version 4.3.2

I am confused and bewildered that some files in the /html have an extra file
with ~ on the end.
I am unsure what this means or how to stop it. I used an example on my site
and was dismayed that it downloaded the file: filename.php~ and displayed
all the Preprocessor information including my Database user information.

How can I secure this so that all files that end with ~ do not show
preprocessor information and display as if it was called as a regular php
page?

Thank you,
Kevin