httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krilov, Dmitry" <dmitry.kri...@ontariomd.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache reverse proxy seems very slow
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:27:21 GMT
Guys

I am using Apache 2.0.52 as Reverse Proxy to OWA on Linux RedHat and if
I access OWA though proxy it is much slower

then if I connect directly to OWA

I have captured my session with Ethereal and here are my findings:

Proxy does not appear to send a full HTTP request.   It will send a few

headers and then expects to see an ACK before the rest of the packet
with

the ending headers are sent. And after the clients receives it the
connection continues.

The proxy will then close down the connection and open a new one and the
same thing will occur on the next transaction.

So my question is: is it normal Apache proxy behavour, does it have to
do something with KeepAlives (wich turned Off in my case)?

Any help will be very much appreciated

Dmitry Krilov

This e-mail message may contain confidential and privileged information for the addressee
and is intended solely for the recipient's use. If you are not the addressee, you have received
this e-mail in error. Please delete this and notify the sender immediatley. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.