httpd-users mailing list archives

From Normand Mongeau <nmong...@videotron.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Question about apache versus XML/XLST
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:55:00 GMT
Hi All,

this is my first posting here, so please bear with me if I'm at the wrong
place.

I'm looking at Apache to be used as an HTTP server, to access a GemStone
database at the back end.  In my scenario all pages will be active.  Ideally
I'd like Apache to convert HTTP requests to XML (presumably with XSLT)
before feeding them to my database, which would then return the resulting
data also in XML, for Apache to then convert that XML to HTML with XSLT,
thus returning HTML to the client.

I looked at different Apache modules but nothing seems to fit my scenario.
For instance, the Xalan C++ sample named ApacheModuleXSLT is completely
file-based, which is definitely not my case.

Is there a way to do the above scenario?

Thanks in advance,

Normand