httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache2 mod_ssl windows...the simple way?
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:00:09 GMT
On 8/16/05, Chris Pat <cpanon@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I am incredulous, or maybe my naivete, that ANYONE who
> wants to use Apache2 w/ssl on windows has to recompile
> it for their server PC.  Is this correct?  Is there no
> binary version, like there is for the other modules?
> When installed where are the mod_ssl docs for Apache2
> that discuss certificate issues, etc?  Is this handled
> by the open_ssl component?
>
> I could not find the archives to search this and
> google is more a plethora rather than an answer.  tia.

Actually, a little google search turned up several apache win32
binaries.  For example:
http://hunter.campbus.com/

Buyer Beware, of course, when downloading and running software found
from random internet searches.

These are not distributed from apache.org because we still haven't
figured out how to deal with the silly US export restrictions on
crypto software.

Joshua.