httpd-users mailing list archives

From Harald Falkenberg <harald.falkenb...@desy.de>
Subject [users@httpd] How to solve this descriptor problem on solaris 8 and apache 1.3.33
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:09:29 GMT
Hallo,

in the error log of the apache server (version 1.3.33) I noticed the
following lines:

[Wed Aug 17 12:48:49 2005] [warn] send body: filedescriptor (1220) larger
than FD_SETSIZE (1024) found, you probably need to rebuild Apache with a larger
FD_SETSIZE

The server is configured with 70 shared servers and ulimit is set to
	ulimit -n 2048

There seems to be a limit inside apache. How can I change it?

Furthermore I would like to know why apache is requirering so many
descriptors. We use inside apache mods for php and perl. Does this affect?

regards
	Harald