httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Johnson <john...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuration access restriction to public_html.
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:20:56 GMT
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On 8/3/05, Chris Johnson <johnson@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:
> >      Now, when I did this once before (it was a while ago) the
> > FileInfo override was what stopped .htaccess from doing AddType, yes?
> > That not being there is what does it.  Right?
>
> Yes.  See the "Override" line at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#addtype
>
> (But be careful; There are other ways to activate php including AddHandler.)
>
> Joshua.

     Right.  This particular server is still 1.3 at themoment but may
change soon.

     So AddHandler and maybe SetHandler and possibly some others.  Can
these be turned off as well?  There's still PERL that could get fired
up here.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |"Life is unfair. Anyone who tells you otherwise is
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |selling something." Wesley, "The Princess Bride"