httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Compilinf mods_ssl Shared/static
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:52:14 GMT
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Boyle Owen wrote:

> > Is there a consensus on compiling mod_ssl as shared or static?
>
> It depends on your application which is the more appropriate. The two possibilities are
not provided just to add a bit of spice to life, they're there because in some situations
it makes more sense to compile-in a module statically while in others it's better to load
it at runtime.

> Think about what each entails and the pros and cons of each approach and then consider
your case and decide which is more appropriate.

> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle

Thanks Owen,

The reason I am asking is that I have always compiled mod_ssl static and I
am now getting feedback from a customer who indicates that the problems he
is having related to SSLVerifyClient renegotiation are due to mod_ssl not
being compiled static. He has a static compiled mod_ssl and indicates that
this operation works fine but in the shared mod_ssl is does not.

Somehow I can't see how this operational issue is related.

Thanks again...

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services