httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bert_De_Rid...@peopleware.be
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What ports can I substitute for 8080?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 15:20:39 GMT
You should do it right from the beginning :-)

Here's how you set up a virtual host for Plone :

(don't forget to load mod_rewrite)

<virtualhost *>
  ServerName www.yourdomain.com
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.yourdomain.com:80/YourPloneInstanceName/VirtualHostRoot/$1

[L,P]
  ErrorLog /var/log/plone2/plonesite.log
  LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
  TransferLog /var/log/plone2/transfer-plonesite.log
  ProxyVia On
</virtualhost>

You also need to have the virtualhostmonster product in your zope setup.

HTH

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office
Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel
Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be
http://www.mobileware.be
u r lame if u insist on trying 2 b l337 by abbrev evythng u type when
asking ppl 4 hlp. kiddie speak is teh sux. ppl. plz stop teh kiddie speak.
thx.
hint: aol kiddie speak is not cool, it just makes people not want to read
your post.

David Blomstrom <david_blomstrom@yahoo.com>
04/08/2005 17:13
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
[users@httpd] What ports can I substitute for 8080?

I'm trying out a content management system called
Plone, which uses a server called Zope. I understand
that I can replace Zope with Apache if I set Apache up
as a "proxy server." I haven't figured out how to do
that yet, but I've been told that I can also run
Apache and Zope at the same time if I assign Plone a
different port number.

When I open the Plone Controller, Plone HTTP is set at
80, Zope Management HTTP at 8080. The Manual says I
could change Plone to 9090 or 9687 (I think; or
something similar). But neither one works. I get a
"The connection was refused" error.

If I change Plone to 8080, it connects me to
http://localhost:8080/...which displays a Zope quick
start page.

So I guess what I need to know is what other port
numbers can I experiment with? I've hardly ever played
with them before. I believe my Apache server is set up
at 8080.

Again, I THINK what I want to do is find a server
number that will allow Plone to function until I
figure out how to turn Apache into a proxy server.

Thanks.