httpd-users mailing list archives

From DGeor...@wiley.com
Subject [users@httpd] Caching with Squid
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:55:15 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to set up Squid as a web cache for a number of Apache Web
servers. Each Apache server stands in front of an application server
(Jboss). Based on the URL pattern Apache need to send request to Squid for
caching. If Squid cannot find the resource in the cache it should contact
back Apache server that will contact the J2EE application hosted by JBoss
to load the resource from a database. Squid could also contact
JBoss/Tomcat on port 8080 to load the missing resources but I would prefer
if everything goes through Apache.

I am inexperienced with configuring Squid and have problems at the moment
to make it work with many Apache servers. I am open to suggestions.

many thanks,

dimitar