httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bert_De_Rid...@peopleware.be
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What ports can I substitute for 8080?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 06:41:21 GMT
Correction to my last mail; don't add a CMF site; add a Plone site ... off
course...  silly me... sorry 'bout that

Regards,

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office
Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel
Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be
http://www.mobileware.be
u r lame if u insist on trying 2 b l337 by abbrev evythng u type when
asking ppl 4 hlp. kiddie speak is teh sux. ppl. plz stop teh kiddie speak.
thx.
hint: aol kiddie speak is not cool, it just makes people not want to read
your post.

David Blomstrom <david_blomstrom@yahoo.com>
04/08/2005 17:40
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [users@httpd] What ports can I substitute for 8080?

http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.yourdomain.com:80/YourPloneInstanceName/VirtualHostRoot/$1

> [L,P]
>   ErrorLog /var/log/plone2/plonesite.log
>   LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b
> \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
>   TransferLog /var/log/plone2/transfer-plonesite.log
>   ProxyVia On
> </virtualhost>
>

> You also need to have the virtualhostmonster product
> in your zope setup.

Thanks; that looks pretty thorough!

I'm a little confused, though. First, how do you "load
mod_rewrwite"?

Second, it looks like I have to modify both of these
values: www.yourdomain.com:80/YourPloneInstanceName

On my C drive, I have a folder named Zope-Instance,
which contains a folder named Plone 2. So would I
replace "YourPloneInstanceName" with
Zope-Instance/Plone 2?

I'm not sure what to substitute for
www.yourdomain.com:80. I haven't created a website in
Plone/Zope yet. I'm just trying to set up a proxy
server so I can view the Plone home page.

Third, when I try to create a Virtual Host Monster, I
get this message:

Error Type: BadRequest
Error Value: This container already has a Virtual Host
Monster

Thanks.