httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Avila" <mav...@mich.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache on DSL
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 05:50:04 GMT
This is a little off topic but I am not sure where else to ask it and I am
sure that others here must have the set up that I am trying to create.

I currently am on dialup and use a dynamic address with a DNS Updater
program. I would like to go to DSL with a (hardware) router to have more
than one PC access the Internet. The DSL that I can afford would be a
dynamic address type. If I purchase a router, how can I get the address of
the router to change? I do not think that any programs can be loaded into
the routers. I prefer not to use a software router because I do not want
multiple PCs running all of the time.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas?

Thanks.

Mike