httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI executing for a certain directory
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:04:38 GMT

How do you request it? If you access it as a file, you're just using your browser as a directory-browser
and so bypassing apache. To get apache to fetch the file you need to use HTTP so you should
request: http://your-server/cgi-bin/program-name

>  When
> I configure cgi execution for a certain directory this has
> nothing to do
> with my scriptalias or does it?

Oh yes it does! The ScriptAlias tells apache that the directory contains executables and so
it will *only* execute files found there and *never* display them.

 So you absolutely need:

	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ C:/apache/htdocs/test/cgi-bin/

If you just have one program in a directory which also has static content, you can define
it as executable using the ExecCGI/AddHandler method but that's not what you've got, I think.

Read over the tutorial again to get the difference: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/cgi.html

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Thanks in advance!!
>
>     <Directory "C:/apache/htdocs/test/cgi-bin/">
> 	AllowOverride None
> 	Options +ExecCGI
> 	Order allow,deny
>     	Allow from all