httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mario Fran├žois Jauvin <ma...@mfjassociates.homeip.net>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Mod_proxy https question
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:46:47 GMT
Joost,

Your comment provided me with a solution. What I was doing was as follow.  I would deny all
access, then I would allow specific sites using config directives like:

<Proxy http://*.microsoft.com>

This would have the effect of only allowing HTTP protocol with sites in the *.microsoft.com
domain. Instead of denying all access using the following:

<Proxy *>
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
</Proxy>

I now disallow access for HTTP protocol with the following:

<Proxy http://*>
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
</Proxy>

This still leaves access to allowing proxy for HTTPS protocol and I can continu limiting specifically
what is allowed for the HTTP protocol as before.

Thank you.