httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James, Denise" <denise.ja...@fldoe.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirections in Apache
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:59:39 GMT
I would like to know how to complete a request to redirect a website
that is currently virtually hosted so that the virtual host will now
point to a URL not on our network?

The virtual host is currently defined as follows:

# Web World Wonders

<VirtualHost 150.176.9.174>

        ServerAdmin WWFeedback@firn.edu

        DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/webfiles/others/webworlds

        ServerName webworldwonders.firn.edu

        ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/webworlds_error_log

        CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/webworlds_access_log common

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
"/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/firnhostedsites/webworldwonders/"

</VirtualHost>

They now want this to point to a new URL,
http://hauss.freac.fsu.edu/webworld

Would I put a statement under the redirect section of httpd.conf as
shown below?  Would I also get rid of the virtual host definition or
does that have to remain in place?

#

# Redirect allows you to tell clients about documents which used to
exist in

# your server's namespace, but do not anymore. This allows you to tell
the

# clients where to look for the relocated document.

# Format: Redirect old-URI new-URL

#

Redirect /usr/local/apache/htdocs/webfiles/others/webworlds
http://hauss.freac.fsu.edu/webworld

Denise O. James

Systems Project Analyst

Florida Department of Education