httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bacchu, Anjan" <Anjan.Bac...@Summit.Fiserv.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to rewrite/redirect a forward proxied Http request ?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:57:22 GMT
Hi There,           Thanks for any pointers.

  A buggy internet application(I.E 6.0x (win xp SP2)) running on a
notebook has some issues. 1)I'm trying to inject a debugging version of
the malfunctioning javascript file to get some clues.

To do (1), I've tried putting an Apache server on the client machine as a
forward proxy to the production system. So that I can inject a
debugging version of the buggy javascript file, I need to be able to
rewrite/redirect the proxied request to my production server. What
directives
should I use for the rewrite ? (I'm using Apache 2.0.54 on Windows XP.)

I tried techniques from http://www.auburn.edu/docs/apache/misc/howto.html
and something like "Redirect / http://10.6.222.64/" but that doesn't
seem to be doing the right trick.

>From the mod_rewrite docs
" First you have to understand that when Apache processes a HTTP request it
does this in phases. "
Given this, shouldn't there be a way for a given proxied request to be
redirected/rewritten to a different URL ?

Thank you for any hints/clarifications,
BR,
~A