httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wagner, Aaron" <aaron.wag...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache on WinXP won't startup
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:37:37 GMT
ok,

Go to your apache/bin folder and type "apache -k stop" and wait for it
to stop.  then run "apache -k start" and see what errors you are
getting.  Also check the event log for apache service errors.

Thanx
Aaron N Wagner
Monitoring Systems and Network Tools
CCO-Command Center Operations
804.515.6298

________________________________

	From: Suzy [mailto:suzys_2002@yahoo.com]
	Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 11:13 AM
	To: users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache on WinXP won't startup

	Hi Aaron
	Thanks very much for the reply.  Okay I checked my services and
Apache is there and it's set to start up automatically.  Which it isn't.
	Suzy

	"Wagner, Aaron" <aaron.wagner@bankofamerica.com> wrote:

		You probably have not installed apache as a service yet.
Go into you services and see if it's listed.  If not, go to your
Apache/bin folder and type "apache -k install" and that will install is
as a service and then run "apache -k start"