httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wagner, Aaron" <aaron.wag...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache on WinXP won't startup
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:02:24 GMT
You probably have not installed apache as a service yet.  Go into you
services and see if it's listed.  If not, go to your Apache/bin folder
and type "apache -k install" and that will install is as a service and
then run "apache -k start"

Thanx
Aaron N Wagner
Monitoring Systems and Network Tools
CCO-Command Center Operations
804.515.6298

________________________________

	From: Suzy [mailto:suzys_2002@yahoo.com]
	Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 10:55 AM
	To: users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: [users@httpd] Apache on WinXP won't startup

	Dear all

	Okay I'm an Apache virgin and I have just installed Apache
version 1.3.33 on Windows XP Home edition.  Then configured the
conf/httpd file for PHP.  All seemed to go smoothly, I just ran the
vanilla installation.

	I then tried to start it through my cmd prompt with NET START
Apache, but nothing doing and there are no errors reported.

	I don't think I have any other personal web servers running on
this machine.

	Can you help?

	Thanks
	Suzy