httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Mod_proxy and javascript problem
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:47:20 GMT
You know what? Some applications build URLs based on the value of the Host header. If you use
ProxyPreserveHost, it may just turn out to solve your problem altogether so you will not need
to rewrite the HTML contents.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Jérôme Tytgat [mailto:jerome.tytgat@asterion.fr]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 10:42 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Mod_proxy and javascript problem

Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV a écrit :
> I wonder whether the problem could be that your HTML code contains mis-spelled special
characters like "&nbsp" which should have read "&nbsp;". Unfortunately such errors
are hidden by the fact that MSIE is very tolerant about the lacking semi-colon. Your problem
is probably caused by the fact that proxy-html is not as tolerant.

> &nbsp; is a non-breakable space
> &amp; is an ampersand (&)
> &eacute; and &egrave; are two very useful characters in french ( é and
> è resp.) etc.
>
> To me the solution would be to correct your HTML pages

If only I could...

It's a MS application server (Class Server), we can't modify anything...