httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RewriteMap and sending more then 1 var
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:01:39 GMT
I checked the code and the doc, and you are perfectly right. The L is required - at least it
would be a good idea to include it systematically unless you really want additional rewriting
to take place. I guess I have never been in a situation where subsequent rewrite rules have
matched the redirection URL.

I am also a bigger customer of the [P] flag that breaks off evaluation of subsequent rewrite
rules (this time I did check the code).

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Candler [mailto:B.Candler@pobox.com]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 2:32 PM
To: Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV
Cc: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RewriteMap and sending more then 1 var

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 04:06:51PM +0200, Axel-Stphane  SMORGRAV wrote:
> As an aside, the [L] ( as in [R,L] ) is not necessary either since if
> the rewrite rule condition triggers, the redirect will be immediate
> and no more rewrite rules will be evaluated.

Warning: what you have written there contradicts the documentation [for Apache 1.3 anyway]

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_rewrite.html#RewriteRule says:

 "remember that this flag itself only prefixes the URL with
  http://thishost[:thisport]/, rewriting continues. Usually you also want to
  stop and do the redirection immediately. To stop the rewriting you also have
  to provide the 'L' flag."

So either you have misunderstood, or the documentation is incorrect.

Regards,

Brian.