httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RewriteMap and sending more then 1 var
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:36:54 GMT
Just one thing: why do you set the Content-Type [T] of a redirect [R]??

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony VanScoy [mailto:tvanscoy@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 10:06 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RewriteMap and sending more then 1 var

> Have you tried it?  What happened?

It worked after a few modifications

> Your idea is basically fine, except you should pick a character other
> than
> |, because that character is special in a rewritemap (used to
> designate a default value).  (Perhaps it doesn't matter if it is in
> quotes; I've never tried this myself.)

The quotes are passed along with the values so I didn't use them.
Here's what works

RewriteRule ^/getpdf\.php$
/pdf/${pdfFile:"%1_%{HTTP_REFERER}_%{REMOTE_HOST}"}?
[R,L,T=application/pdf]

> But you worry me a little when you talk about all the stuff you are
> doing in your RewriteMap.  These programs should be extremly simple
> because they run as root, and they are a choke point in that only one
> request at a time can be processed through the RewriteMap.

My mapping program only makes two database queries, one to get the filename, and a second
query to log the download. By default i have it sending back "NULL\n". That value only gets
changed if both queries execute without error. I'm using @ to prevent any error output.

Thanks for your help.