httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony VanScoy <tvans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteMap and sending more then 1 var
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:10:02 GMT
On 8/18/05, Axel-St├ęphane  SMORGRAV
<Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com> wrote:
> A redirection (HTTP 302 or friends) does not return any contents. It merely directs the
browser to request another URL which will hopefully return the PDF document. That response
should contain the header "Content-Type: application/pdf" - not the redirect. Setting the
header in a redirect will have no effect on the response serving the PDF file.

> It is your php program that should set the Content-Type header. Look at other postings
on this list for the syntax.

That is actually what started this mess. If I try and use PHP to set
the headers, then the older IE browsers will not listen to the header
where I set the filename. I needed to redirect to the actual filename,
while still logging the proper fileId.

> As an aside, the [L] ( as in [R,L] ) is not necessary either since if the rewrite rule
condition triggers, the redirect will be immediate and no more rewrite rules will be evaluated.

Like I said, im new. It's good to know, and I'll modify my config
accordingly. Thanks a bunch.