httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite and https
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:17:11 GMT
Hello,

I have a an apache server that proxies requests to a weblogic server
that is itself not visible from the web. The apache server serves
requests in both http and https.

What I want is to pass a parameter back to the weblogic server so that
it knows if a request was originally http or https, so it can make the
correct redirects etc...

So I have the following in my rewrite rulses:

        # If Portal is accessed over https add a query parameter so
the portal knows.
        RewriteCond     %{HTTPS}        on      [NC]
        RewriteRule ^/([Pp]ortal.*)     $1?protocol=https       [QSA]

This doesn't seem to work though. This is what I see in the rewritelog
when I request /Portal?cmd=login using https:

(3) applying pattern '^/([Pp]ortal.*)' to uri '/Portal'
(4) RewriteCond: input='' pattern='on' => not-matched

It apears that the environment variable HTTPS is not set, even though
the request is via https.

What have I forgotton?

Krist
--