httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mohit Kumar <mohit.ku...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Unable to Upload files through my application
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:52:18 GMT
Hi All,

I am sorry if this quesiton has been asked before, but being a newbie to
Apache and after an exhaustive search on the net, I have decided to post
here.

I have configured Apache as mentioned in httpd.conf. And have made my server
root as /var/www/html/t.

Now when I type http://localhost/mohit/ I get a list of files displayed. The
problem comes when I try to upload a file.
I have an application which uses CURL (libcurl) libraries to perform an HTTP
PUT at this location. This application runs as user (say mohit).
However, I have been unable to upload the file this way. There are few
things that I can think of:
1. /var/www/html/mohit is chowned by root and hence the application is not
able to do so.
2. Some special things need to be done to enable uploading?

Following is the essential part of my httpd.conf:

<Directory "/var/www/html">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
<Limit POST PUT GET>