httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jérôme Tytgat <jerome.tyt...@asterion.fr>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_proxy and javascript problem
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:41:40 GMT

Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV a écrit :
> I wonder whether the problem could be that your HTML code contains mis-spelled special
characters like "&nbsp" which should have read "&nbsp;". Unfortunately such errors
are hidden by the fact that MSIE is very tolerant about the lacking semi-colon. Your problem
is probably caused by the fact that proxy-html is not as tolerant.

> &nbsp; is a non-breakable space
> &amp; is an ampersand (&)
> &eacute; and &egrave; are two very useful characters in french ( é and è resp.)
> etc.
>
> To me the solution would be to correct your HTML pages

If only I could...

It's a MS application server (Class Server), we can't modify anything...