httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Malton <...@cjmweb.fsnet.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache and PHP cause Internal Server Errors
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:25:23 GMT
Our organization's server, which is a Win32 box, has recently been
causing Internal Server Errors and then, if left unattended,as it was
over a weekend, it will crash completely.  The problem, we think, is
memory related.  We only run PHP as a CGI and frequently execute MySQL
queries.  One of our members has a Linux server, running the same
version, and experiences no problems at all.  The specifics are as follows:

Gateway Tower PC, Pentium 2 processor.
128MB RAM (We think.  We know it's either 64 or 128)
Win 98 SE
PHPTriad installer installed:
    Apache 1.3.3
    PHP 4.1.0
    MySQL 3.??

That is our setup.  We have a forum which is in regular use by our
members, at least 2 or 3 members a day, running about 10-20 requests
every time they visit, and visiting about 3-4 times a day.  That means
about 240 requests maximum.  PHP handles image uploads and .php files.
Nothing else is processed.  The forum was self-written.

If anybody knows, please help us out.

Chris