httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Gonsman <s...@abovemedia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Recompliing Apache, no config.smile found
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:45:06 GMT
Hi,

My questions upfront:

1.) Is there a way to get the original configure command from an install
of the fedora core 3 CD?

2.) If not, what do I need to do to recompile apache (I already read the
install docs and they don't work)?

I am a beginner. I upgrading mysql 3.23 to 4.1.  Now, apache does not
work.  I have attempted to recompile apache (actually it was an upgrade
from 2.0.52 to 2.0.54), but I am unsuccessful.  This is probably the
fifth time in my life that I have tried to recompile apache without
success.  Apache was originally installed from the fedora core CD (which
I don't have since this is a rented server).  It looks like the default
install from the CD puts apache files all over the place, totally
different than the default install from source.  I am guessing that the
recompile would work fine if I had the same configure command during
install.

-Sean

--
Sean Gonsman