httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache2 mod_ssl windows...the simple way?
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:39:42 GMT

http://localhost/manual on you server once you have managed to build and install it.

> That said, AFAIK mod_ssl is an integral part of the Apache distribution. What you may
be missing are the OpenSSL libraries, but I am sure that there are some DLLs lying around
somewhere.

FWIW, there is -no- issue with httpd distributing mod_ssl.so, useless
without libeay32/ssleay32 .dll files.  The project and board are
considering if/how to redistribute crypto binaries of external projects.

The httpd project will not distribute a contrib of such builds.  However
ascs is right, if you want parity with Linux etc, contribute builds of
libeay32.dll/ssleay32.dll to the OpenSSL project.  If they redistributed
the DLL's, we could distribute mod_ssl.so trivially.  An extra download,
sure, but not the end of the world.

Bill