httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Hicks <johnl...@gulfbridge.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.0.54 configuration with cgi,php scripting support
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:15:37 GMT
Note that this HTML message (the one I am replying to) contains multiple
links to the identical message posted on experts-exchange.com.

Note that the question is a very general one with an obvious answer, but
one that will probably be searched for with some frequency ("Apache
install and configure documentation"). Note that the terms in the
message which are hyperlinked are also ones that would tend to be
searched for (documentation, Apache, server, CGI, PHP).

Note that all the links from this posting to experts-exchange will tend
to bias search engines to deliver that domain higher in its results.

Note that experts-exchange is a profit making organization, charging $10
per month for (in this case at least) information available elsewhere
for free. (There is nothing wrong with making a profit, per se, but that
should be for adding value, not ripping off other people's efforts.)

One could speculate that a post such as this may not have been made in
good faith.

Perhaps the Apache list server should be set to convert html messages to
plaintext. (Mailman has a setting for this, I know.)

Just my two cents' worth.

John