httpd-users mailing list archives

From Spike Burkhardt <burkhardt.rich...@ssd.loral.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Multiple apache instances
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:55:41 GMT
Joshua & all,

  When I specified the configuration file the instance I wanted to kill
still didn't stop.  In fact, it stopped the other instance!  Also, at
least on my box, '-k' isn't a valid option.  Finally, the error messages
I got was:

root:comet:/ #  apachectl -f /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd-oracal.conf stop
usage: /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl
(start|stop|restart|fullstatus|status|graceful|configtest|help)

start      - start httpd
startssl   - start httpd with SSL enabled
stop       - stop httpd
restart    - restart httpd if running by sending a SIGHUP or start if
             not running
fullstatus - dump a full status screen; requires lynx and mod_status enabled
status     - dump a short status screen; requires lynx and mod_status
enabled
graceful   - do a graceful restart by sending a SIGUSR1 or start if not
running
configtest - do a configuration syntax test
help       - this screen

usage: /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl
(start|stop|restart|fullstatus|status|graceful|configtest|help)

start      - start httpd
startssl   - start httpd with SSL enabled
stop       - stop httpd
restart    - restart httpd if running by sending a SIGHUP or start if
             not running
fullstatus - dump a full status screen; requires lynx and mod_status enabled
status     - dump a short status screen; requires lynx and mod_status
enabled
graceful   - do a graceful restart by sending a SIGUSR1 or start if not
running
configtest - do a configuration syntax test
help       - this screen

/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl stop: httpd stopped