httpd-users mailing list archives

From Spike Burkhardt <burkhardt.rich...@ssd.loral.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Multiple apache instances
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:06:04 GMT
All,

  I have two apache instances running.  Is there a way to kill just 1
instance?  To be more specific, I have 1 startup file with the standard
startup.  In the httpd.conf file, it specifies:

PidFile /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid

In the second startup file the line that starts the server is:

httpd - f /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd-oracal.conf start
and the PidFile line reads:

PidFile /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd-oracal.pid.

Can I tell apache only to stop this instance or should I write a script
to do it?

FYI, I'm running Apache 1.3.31 with mod_perl 1.29, mod_fastcgi 2.4.2,
mod_ssl 2.8.19 and OpenSSL 9.9.7c.  This is on Solaris 8.

TIA,

spike