httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htaccess-Files in UTF-8!?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 16:11:21 GMT
Sniff the request with netcat or telnet, attempting to

GET /file.html HTTP/1.1
Host: www.example.com

presuming file.html is protected, see what comes back.  Do you have your
global utf8 charset set up, or set up to use utf8 for at least your 401
error document?

If the content-type; ...; charset= is not utf8, that's your issue.  If
it is, I'm afraid Craig is right - it's an issue in the browser.

Bill