httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kamil Srot <kamil.s...@nlogy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Memory consumption
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 01:00:54 GMT
Hi Gary,

Gary W. Smith wrote:

>How are you reading the file in order to output it?  Some of the PHP
>commands do indeed read the entire file before processing.  This would
>cause the entire file to sit in ram.  I believe there are some binary
>functions that only read segments at a time.  I think that is where you
>problem lies.

I don't thing it's the case... I tried everything I was aware of -
general fread, fpassthru etc.. all gives the same results...

>Can you post (or send me) the relevant code segments that you use to
>read the file and flush it to the client?

Currently its general fread/echo with no flush - as the flush seems even
to make the situation worser...

I can provide packet for reproduction if you are going to investigate...

Thank you,
--
Kamil