httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 08:49:20 GMT
Jeff Lacki wrote:
> Sorry, using mysql 3.23 I believe it is.  The application
> is a C++ interface which has been used a lot and over time,
> seems solid.
>
> I dont know about the 8k limit issue, what would that
> be?  8k sounds about where its hanging, but Id have to check.

Your report looks like a failure to communicate properly down
the filter chain.  8K is the default size of chunks passing
down the filter chain, when applications use the stdio-like
API to generate output.  So if your application only works
when all the data are in a single chunk, it's likely to fail
somewhere around 8K of output.

You might be able to get some useful information about what's
happening by inserting mod_diagnostics, from
http://apache.webthing.com/

--
Nick Kew