httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Lazic <al-httpdus...@none.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Multiple apache instances
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:57:17 GMT
Hi,

On Mon 15.08.2005 14:41, Spike Burkhardt wrote:

>  thanks for the info.  What I did forget to mention is that the
>  multiple instances are running from the same directory tree.

just some tasks to do:

1. cp apachectl apachectl_1
2. vi apachectl_1
   change the HTTPD variable with the -f $CONFIGFILE
   change the PIDFILE variable to the PidFile in you httpd_1.conf
3. change the PidFile to another File then in you first instanz,
   but it must be the same location as in the apachectl_1 file
4. change all other options e. g. DocumentRoot, *Log, ...
5. start you new apache

Hth

al ;-)