httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Where's AddModule mod_rewrite.c?
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:20:24 GMT
I just started my first mod_rewrite tutorial when I
got stuck when the instructions directed me to
uncomment the following two lines in my conf file:

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
AddModule mod_rewrite.c

The problem is I can't find the second line. So would
it be OK to just uncomment the first line, then add
the second line immediately after it, as in the
example above?

I know, I can just "try it," but I don't know enough
about mod_rewrite to know if I succeeded after I
restart my computer. I probably won't be able to tell
if mod_rewrite is running until I actually write and
apply some mod_rewrite rules.

I just want to make sure I get off on the right foot. Thanks.