httpd-users mailing list archives

From Suzy <suzys_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache on WinXP won't startup
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:02:47 GMT
Please see below for a copy of what I did.  Is this right?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\>CHDIR C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\bin
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\bin>apache -k stop
'apache' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\bin>NET STOP APACHE
The Apache service is not started.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\bin>DIR
 Volume in drive C is 50 Gig HDD
 Directory of C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\bin
12/08/2005  11:51    <DIR>          .
12/08/2005  11:51    <DIR>          ..
28/10/2004  07:31             8,982 dbmmanage.pl
28/10/2004  07:27            20,555 htdigest.exe
28/10/2004  07:27            36,939 htpasswd.exe
28/10/2004  07:27            16,461 logresolve.exe
31/03/2005  02:52         3,502,136 php5ts.dll
28/10/2004  07:27            24,653 rotatelogs.exe
               6 File(s)      3,609,726 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  35,143,290,880 bytes free
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\bin>

John Hicks <johnlist@gulfbridge.net> wrote:
Are you sure you were in the apache/bin directory when you did this?
Do a directory listing and show us the results.

John